Sims Garden Machinery Limited respects the privacy of its customers and staff. Sims Garden Machinery aims to act consistently with the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Use of Personal Data
Sims Garden Machinery may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide you with information on beneficial products, events and services that either you have requested or which Sims believes will be of benefit to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any purchase made by you from Sims Garden Machinery.
- To notify you about any changes to Sims Garden Machinery’s services and obligations.
- How we handle your personal information
Personal information is the information that allows others to identify you. It includes your name, age, gender and contact details. It is Sims Garden Machinery’s policy that information relating to its customers and staff is available only to Sims Garden Machinery and not for direct access by third parties.
- Collection of personal information
Generally, Sims Garden Machinery Limited collects personal information directly from you. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- Deal with Sims Garden Machinery Ltd in person, by telephone, letter, email, or online.
- Supply a Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Fill out and submit any form provided for by the company, either in person, by email or online, e.g. repair request form, brochure request form, credit application form etc.
- Submit any other information in connection with the purchase of products and services.
- Make an enquiry via a web form or email.
Personal information about you may also be collected from a third party. For example when Sims Garden Machinery Ltd receives:
- References relating to your application (when applying for a job).
- Information about you relating to reciprocal relationships we have with other professional associations such as Honda, STIHL etc.
- Why we collect information
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide various products and services and for the registration of your new machines and warranty claims with Sims Garden Machinery Ltd and our suppliers.
- What we collect
- For customers – the type of personal information we collect includes your title, first name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality, home and work contact details (phone, fax, email, street address, email address) and your mailing address.
- For job applicants – we may also collect information relating to your employment including where you are currently employed, your job title, areas of interest/ expertise and your job function. As part of the job application process we collect information relating to your qualifications (proof of completion, academic transcripts) and may ask for you for details of references.
- When purchasing a product and if paying over the phone, your credit card details are also collected, and are temporarily stored until we have processed your payment. After the payment has been completed, these details will be destroyed by way of shredding.
- Format of data collected
The personal information Sims Garden Machinery Ltd collects may be in electronic format such as emails, data form entry, email attachments, and in hard copy such as printed versions of information received electronically or transferred via Royal Mail or by hand.
- Use and disclosure
Sims Garden Machinery Limited’s policy is not to disclose any personal information that we hold on you to any unrelated third party, except where you have given your express consent for us to do so or where required by law.
Arrangements are occasionally made with suppliers of goods and services for their mailings to be sent to customers. All material is carefully vetted and the mailing list is never released to third parties. These mailings may be included with standard Sims Garden Machinery Ltd’s communications such as the product brochure and other communications sent directly from Sims Garden Machinery Ltd.
If you tell us that you do not wish us to use your Personal Information for a particular purpose, we will honour your request.
Sims Garden Machinery Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Information provided by you is held securely.
Printed information (such as job applications) are stored in files. These are only accessible to Sims Garden Machinery Ltd Staff and are locked and secured outside of office hours.
All Sims Garden Machinery Ltd Computers are configured with a password for each staff member to avoid private information being viewed by others. Private data stored online is only accessible by Sims Garden Machinery Ltd staff.
The transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. Sims Garden Machinery Ltd will protect your personal data in accordance with current best practice but, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Sims Garden Machinery Ltd has received your information, it will use procedures and security features to minimise the likelihood of unauthorised access.
- Data Breaches
Sims Garden Machinery Ltd seeks to avoid any data breaches and has put in place appropriate policies and procedures to prevent this and deal with the aftermath in the unlikely event of this happening.
Sims Garden Machinery Ltd adopts a policy of seeking Data Usage Permissions for the use of customer’s personal information and requires them to “opt in” to receive information. These are available online and in hard copy. They take two forms:
- Data Usage Permissions, Terms and Conditions for the ongoing collection of permissions from established customers.
The permissions given by Sims Garden Machinery Ltd’s customers are recorded on the company’s database and used to ensure that member’s confidentiality preferences are maintained.
The following words are used to collect established customers permissions for the use of their data. Where needed, this statement is added to application forms and other customer related documents.
Data Usage Permissions, Terms and Conditions
In order that Sims Garden Machinery Ltd maintains compliance against the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), it is necessary that we seek Data Usage Permission as defined below:
I give my permission for Sims Garden Machinery Ltd to access my information for management, administration and product registration purposes.
· Your information is stored securely
· You have a right to see the information Sims Garden Machinery Ltd keeps
· Your information is only used for the purposes described above
· Your information is nevershared with third parties for marketing purposes
Please tick the box to confirm you have read and accepted these Data Usage Permissions, Terms and Conditions
These words are placed at the end of all application forms
I understand and consent to the information provided on this form being processed by Sims Garden Machinery Ltd for its sole use, for the purpose of promoting, delivering and improving my experience of Sims Garden Machinery Ltd and its products and services or such other purposes as are described in the Sims Garden Machinery Ltd Privacy Statement and Disclaimer.
I give my permission for Sims Garden Machinery Ltd to access my information for management, administration and registration purposes.
I confirm that I wish to receive notification (by post or electronic means) of Sims Garden Machinery Ltd’s products, events and services which may be of interest and benefit to me.
Please tick the box to confirm you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions
I declare that the statements made on this form are to the best of my knowledge true. I agree to comply with the Memorandum and Articles of Association, and associated Regulations of the ……………………..I understand that this is a commitment to behave ethically within my profession. I will do my best to promote the interests of ………….. I confirm that I have not committed any offence of which ……….. would require me to give notice under its Rules of Conduct.
The Rules of Conduct, Memorandum and Articles of Association, and associated Regulations are published on the web site …………………..
Please tick the box to confirm you have read and accepted these Membership Terms and Conditions
- Third party websites
The Sims Garden Machinery Ltd website contains links to other websites. These websites are not operated by Sims Garden Machinery Ltd and are outside the control of Sims Garden Machinery Ltd. Sims Garden Machinery Ltd accepts no responsibility whatsoever for these websites or their contents. In particular, if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Sims Garden Machinery Ltd does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
- Unsubscribe Statement
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Sims Garden Machinery Ltd (and companies processing data on its behalf) currently hold and use data held on you for administration purposes, to keep you informed of its sales offers, and offer goods and services provided by the company.
We would stress that your personal data is available only to Sims Garden Machinery Ltd and not for direct access by third parties. Mailing arrangements are occasionally made with third party suppliers of goods and services but all material is carefully vetted and the mailing list is never released to them.
If you wish to be removed from any of our mailing lists, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Sims Garden Machinery Ltd
20-21 The Waterways
- General Enquiries on Data and Privacy
If you have any questions, comments or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Sims Garden Machinery Ltd
20-21 The Waterways