240v Charger. The Makita DC18RC Li-ion 7.2v – 18v Charger uses Intelligent Charging Technology to control current, voltage and temperature to maximize the battery life. Charges BL1830 18v 3.0Ah batteries in approximately 22 minutes.
The DC18RC has a cooling fan and Active 3 Controls. This means that during the loading of the charging voltage, charging current, and temperature is held in the holes. The cooling system blows cool air into the battery. As a result, high temperatures occur in the battery, so that the battery life is extended, and the charging process is accelerated.
- Cell Capacity: 1.5-5.0Ah
- Charge Time (1.5Ah): 15 mins
- Charge Time (2.0Ah): 18 mins
- Charge Time (3.0Ah): 22 mins
- Charge Time (4.0Ah): 36 mins
- Charge Time (5.0Ah): 45 mins
- Fast charging – charges Li-Ion 3.0Ah battery in only 22 minutes
- Built-in CPU – gathers information from the battery’s memory chip to determine optimum charging method
- Forced air cooling fan – cools the battery to minimise charging time
- Digital power display identifies the condition of the battery and charging condition
- Makita’s 18v & 14v batteries have a built in memory chip that records the battery usage history. While the battery is connected it will transmit the data to the charger
- A great advantage of Lithium Ion technology is that it provides the user with the possibility to charge the batteries anytime, without any need to wait for their complete power deployment. A great improvement compared to older technologies like Ni-Cad
- When used in conjunction with charging adapter ADP03 this charger offers also the possibility of charging Ni-MH slide on batteries of 9.6V to 24V batteries or when used with charging adapter ADP04 this charger offers the possibility to charge Ni-Cd and Ni-MH rod and block batteries of 7.2V to 18V batteries