Part of Honda’s line of Izy four-wheeled rotary lawnmowers, the HRG 466 SKEP offers the same high level of performance and convenience as other models in the series, but also boasts added versatility thanks to the inclusion of a mulching kit. Moreover, Honda’s belief in the top quality performance and longevity of this machine is so strong that it even comes with a full three year warranty, so you can use the HRG 466 SKEP confident in the knowledge that it has been built for a long and efficient service life. Featuring a tough 46cm steel cutting deck and a single speed self-propulsion system, this mower is ideal for medium to large gardens, particularly those in which slopes or rough ground make mowing difficult.
The HRG 466 SKEP features two distinct cutting modes: traditional cut and collection, and superbly efficient mulching. For the collection option, the HRG 466 SKEP is equipped with a high-capacity 55 litre grass bag, its large size reducing the number of stops you will need to make in order to dispose of clippings. Furthermore, a high air flow design works to enhance collection performance, with a fine mesh used to trap dust and keep everything working efficiently. Alternatively, you can use the mower’s mulching function, which cuts and re-cuts the grass before redistributing the cuttings onto the ground; these miniscule grass particles are then blown deep into the surface soil where they break down to act as a natural fertiliser, encouraging the growth of healthy green grass. The mulching kit comes fitted as standard and includes both the blade and mulching plug. Similar flexibility is offered when it comes to the height of cut, which can be adjusted via a simple and easily-accessible lever on the side of the mower. This cutting height selection system allows you to choose from between six different height settings, ranging from 20mm to 74mm, ensuring for a precise finish in a wide variety of cutting conditions.
The inclusion of a self-propulsion system, meanwhile, makes your mowing experience a lot less strenuous and time-consuming by reducing the effort required for use. Power is provided by one of Honda’s powerful and quiet-running 160cc OHC four-stroke GCV160 petrol engines, designed to offer reduced noise and vibration levels. Moreover, an easy start is guaranteed every time, even in cold weather, thanks to the auto choke system, while the new and improved starter cord design features a soft grip handle to help ensure your comfort. The wheels, meanwhile, feature smooth running ball bearings for increased manoeuvrability, which is especially important when tackling lawns with slopes and rough ground.
Other design features have also been employed to ensure the longevity of the machine and to make it more convenient to use. The intelligent design of the blade, for example, means that if it hits an obstacle it will twist rather than break, thereby protecting the mower’s crankshaft and reducing running costs. Precautions such as this have also been taken with regard to the cutting deck, which has specially treated to resist UV abrasion, corrosion and rust. Finally, when you have finished mowing, the folding handlebar means that storage should not be a problem by the amount of space required, while transportation is similarly straightforward due to the mower’s low weight (only 32kg).
• Featuring a robust 46cm steel cutting deck, specially treated to resist corrosion, UV abrasion and rust
• Equipped with a high capacity 55 litre grass bag, made with high air flow design for enhanced collection performance and increased mowing time between stops
• Mulching kit is supplied as standard, including both the mulching blade and plug, allowing you to recycle your grass clippings and use them as a natural fertiliser
• Also featuring a single speed self-propulsion system, powered by a quiet-running 160cc OHC 4-stroke GCV160 engine
• Easy starting is guaranteed every time by the auto choke system, even in cold weather, while the soft grip starter cord provides added user comfort
• Wheels fitted with smooth running ball bearings for excellent manoeuvrability
• Height of cut adjustment system, operated via a simple lever on the side of the mower, offers six different height settings between 20mm and 74mm
• Intelligent blade design lengthens the life of the blade and reduces service costs
• Storage and transportation are not a problem due to the folding handlebar and low weight of the mower (32kg)