Honda believes that since no two gardens are the same it’s only right to produce rotary tillers suitable for every occasion, with everything from compact micro-tillers to heavy duty commercial cultivators included in their range. Sitting smack-bang in the middle of this horticultural assortment is the FJ500 SER, a tiller designed to be light and manoeuvrable enough for use in the tight spaces of domestic gardens but heavy duty enough to tackle tough soil cultivation with ease.
Power is supplied via a hardworking and fuel efficient 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring a design which benefits from Honda’s wealth of experience. The engine’s overhead valve technology, for example, enhances cooling and ensures optimal power transfer, while its cast iron cylinder sleeve offers proven reliability. This is complemented by the inclusion of an easily accessible recoil starter and an automatic mechanical de-compression system, both of which make starting quick and hassle-free, along with a two-speed gear box featuring forward and reverse gears for greater manoeuvrability and control.
Supplied with a set of six detachable tines which break up hard soil to provide a fine tilth ideal for seeding or planting, the FJ500 SER can be quickly adapted for a working width of 35cm, 63cm or 90cm. This means that you can customise your tiller depending on the situation at hand, ensuring great results whether working in vegetable patches and flowerbeds or preparing larger areas of land for grass seeding. With an adjustable depth bar also included you can quickly adapt the FJ500 SER for working on either normal or hard ground, and side protection discs are included as standard to permit tilling between narrowly planted rows of crops.
The FJ500 SER also features an ergonomic design so that even inexperienced users will be able to achieve brilliant results. The intuitive controls, for example, are all easy to access and operate, while the height adjustable handlebars also fold away to facilitate storage. Additional handy features include a mechanism which makes it easy to drain the fuel before storage, a snorkel air filter which reduces service requirements for greater reliability and a frontal transport wheel allowing easier movement from one working area to the next. Any enthusiastic gardener, then, would stand to benefit from the power, toughness and convenience offered by Honda’s FJ500 SER.
• Powered by a hardworking and fuel efficient 163cc Honda GX160 four-stroke petrol engine, featuring an overhead valve design for optimal power transfer
• Also featuring an easily accessible recoil starter and an automatic mechanical de-compression system to facilitate starting
• Equipped with a two-speed gear box featuring forward and reverse gears to optimise performance and increase manoeuvrability
• Supplied as standard with a set of six detachable tines for variable working widths between 35cm and 90cm, with an adjustable depth bar included for added versatility
• Also supplied with side protection discs to deflect stones and soil thrown up during use when tilling between narrowly planted rows of crops
• Intuitive controls and a foldable, height adjustable handlebar ensure exceptional user convenience and comfort during operation