Honda’s impressive range of rotary tillers and cultivators has been developed to include a machine suitable for every occasion, ranging from light allotment work to heavy duty agricultural soil cultivation. There are plenty of options available even at the lighter end of this scale, with the FG201 a compact mini-tiller designed to offer a pleasing balance between the lightness and versatility of the FG110 micro-tiller and the power of the larger machines in Honda’s collection.
Equipped as standard with a set of four powerful four-tooth rotary shredders for a working width/depth of 30cm/23cm, the FG201 is capable of both precision tilling work to remove weeds and loosen soil between narrowly planted rows of crops and larger-scale soil cultivation when preparing lawns for grass seeding. Worm gear transmission, meanwhile, provides enough torque to tackle heavier loads quickly and efficiently, making this a great machine for dedicated home gardeners and allotment holders.
The FG201 receives its power from a commercial quality 49cc GXV50 four-stroke petrol engine, delivering a forward tool rotation speed of 197rpm for brilliantly effective tilling in looser soil. The use of Honda’s superb four-stroke technology means that the FG201 is quieter and cleaner running than you might expect, which can be handy when working in built up areas, while the GXV50’s overhead valve technology ensures optimal performance and great fuel economy. Moreover, for added convenience the FG201 also features an automatic mechanical de-compression system and a heavy duty recoil starter for reassuringly hassle-free starting (even on cold mornings).
Built to be lightweight (only 17kg) with a low centre of gravity, the FG201 is also pleasingly stable and easy to manoeuvre during operation (with optional rear transportation wheels available to make it easier to get your tiller to where it is needed). The handlebars also merit note, with quick access to all controls and a space-saving folding mechanism offering convenience both during use and when in storage. Furthermore, with a range of optional accessories (including a de-thatcher, an aerator and a lawn edger) also available, Honda’s FG201 is a tiller capable of far more than just soil cultivation.
• Power is supplied by a commercial quality 49cc GXV50 four-stroke petrol engine, with overhead valve technology ensuring optimal performance and efficiency
• Also featuring an automatic mechanical de-compression system and a heavy duty recoil starter for reassuringly hassle-free starting
• Fitted as standard with four potent four-tooth rotary shredders for a working width/depth of 30cm/23cm, with worm gear transmission ensuring high torque performance
• Lightweight design (only 17kg), low centre of gravity and centralised carry handle all help to facilitate trouble-free operation and transportation
• Handlebars are designed for user comfort and convenience with easy access to all controls and a folding mechanism to save storage space when not in use
• Also compatible with de-thatcher, aerator and lawn edger accessories (available separately) for superb versatility, with optional transportation wheels also available