Ideal for those who need a bit more power and basic electricity but the ultimate in reliability, this Endurance Range generator from Honda is robust and ready for action, whether it is used for powering industrial equipment, water pumps or catering appliances.
Any Honda generator is likely to have a great engine, and this model is no exception as it is powered by a commercial grade 270cc, GX270T single cylinder, 4-stroke OHV air-cooled model, the OHV (overhead valve) providing more power with fewer carbon emissions for environmentally friendly use, lowering fuel consumption for economy and reducing vibrations for comfort and longer engine life.
The rated power output is 3400 Watts, plenty of juice for more demanding and power hungry tools and appliances and the EC3600 is easy to use and maintain. An Oil-Alert safety system kicks in if the oil level drops below safe limits, protecting the engine from damage and keeping the operator safe and the starting system is a recoil pull with transistor ignition for reliability.
The build is reassuringly robust and solid with a tubular-steel powder-coated frame surrounding the engine generator mechanism, protecting them and making picking up and transporting the generator easier as well as stabilising the unit.
The engine and alternator are rubber mounted for even more safety and protection and lower vibrations.
The fuel tank takes 5.3 litres and the generator delivers a running time of around 3 hours on a full tank.
There is a one-year professional and five year domestic warranty available with this generator.
* NB: It is important to check the wattage requirements of the equipment you intend to power so you can buy the right generator. Try to choose a generator with a rated output that is the total of wattages of your items, plus a contingency of approx 10%.
Items such as saws and drills are ‘reactive loads’ so although the running load might be low, the starting load needs to be calculated at up to five times the running load and subsequently after the initial powering up, less power is required for actual operation. E.g. a typical fridge might take 2,200W to start up but 700W to run.
- Mobile cable free power – ideal for large-scale domestic and professional use
- Clean smooth current from very high-quality Honda OHV engine
- Simple, straightforward controls
- Reliable recoil start for convenience
- Tough and durable tubular-steel frame for protection and stability
- Rubber mounted engine and alternator for protection and low vibrations
- Circuit breaker for safety
- Oil-Alert shuts down engine if oil falls below safe level